Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com> on 2014/10/15 16:44:04 UTC

Clean script kills all java processes

Hi,

The clean.sh script that is inside the tools/stratos-installer/ folder
kills all the Java related processes. Ideally the script should only stop
the Stratos processes and the ActiveMQ process.

We can at least be specific to all the carbon related java processes. I
created a fix for this and the related PR [1]. It looks for any process
that has the String "*org.wso2.carbon.bootstrap.Bootstrap*" and any process
which contains the String *"apache-activemq*" to kill.

[1] - https://github.com/apache/stratos/pull/93

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

Re: Clean script kills all java processes

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Great! Thanks Chamila.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Imesh,
>
> Thanks for the improvement suggestion. This is possible to do since
> ActiveMQ has its pid stored in a pid file inside the data directory. We can
> store that and the pid's from the Carbon servers. I will come up with a PR
> soon.
>

> Regards,
> Chamila de Alwis
> Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
> Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com
>

> On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Chamila,
>>
>> Great work, your approach seems to work but it would be better if we keep
>> the process ids at the server startup and then use those to terminate.
>> Otherwise there is a possibility that other Carbon servers or ActiveMQ
>> instances running in the same host.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 9:17 PM, Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Manula!
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Chamila de Alwis
>>> Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
>>> Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

>> --
>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>
>> Technical Lead, WSO2

Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: Clean script kills all java processes

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh,

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Chamila,