Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/08 10:45:18 UTC

OpenEJB 3.1 and EclipseLink

Hi to all,

For one of our project we need to use EclipseLink as JPA provider.

Will it be officially provided / supported in the upcoming OpenEJB 3.1 ?

Regards

Re: OpenEJB 3.1 and EclipseLink

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Oct 8, 2008, at 5:10 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:

>> You didn't answer my question. Is EclipseLink working with OpenEJB
>> 3.1
>> snapshots or not? Have you tested it?
>
> Well that's the question, I see sample of JPA in OpenEJB 3.1 but I'd
> like to know from OpenEJB developpers if it will be officially
> supported
>
> See \examples\jpa-eclipselink
>
>> What kind of changes would it potentially require to OpenEJB?
>
> I don't know, that's why I'm asking to experts, here

The JPA spec defines interfaces for plugging a JPA provider into an
app server, so any compliant JPA provider should work with OpenEJB.
One tiny thing the JPA Provider API left out was a way for the
Provider to get a reference to the TransactionManager, so most
providers like Hibernate, EclipseLink/TopLink have some sort of
persistence.xml setting to specify where the TransactionManager can be
found.  Though not strictly required, we did add some functionality
specific to Hibernate, EclipseLink, and TopLink to automatically set
their vendor-specific property so that the user doesn't have to worry
about it (didn't need one for OpenJPA is it's smart enough to figure
it out on it's own).  But that's the only vendor/provider specific
code we have.  The rest is all done through standard APIs.

-David

Re: OpenEJB 3.1 and EclipseLink

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Grönholm <al...@nextday.fi>.