Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com> on 2000/07/18 11:49:21 UTC

Re: internationlization

I'm afraid internationalization is not my area of strength.
Can u please indicate what may be going wrong? If someone would
like to take on ensuring that the SOAP codebase is properly
internationalized that'll be dandy! Any takers?

Sanjiva.
Posted by Jun-Liang Chen <jl...@intumit.com>.
Hi,

        Thanks for the quick response. I wrote a small test service code to check whether I can get a text
        in chinese from the server. Here is central piece of the code,

import org.apache.soap.util.xml.*;
import org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils;

public class TextService {

  public String getText ( ) throws Exception {

    File ff = new File("news.txt");  // for testing only
     FileReader rr = new FileReader (ff);
    BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(rr);
    String out;
    String ret ="<![CDATA[";
    ret += "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='Big5' ?>";
    ret += "<?xml:stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='quotes.xsl'?>";

    try {
        while ( (out=in.readLine()) != null ) {
            System.out.println(out);
            ret += out + "\n";
           }
       } catch ( Exception e ) { System.err.println("Something Wrong!"); }
    ret +="]]>";
    return ret;
}
}

I checked it out on the server screen and indeed give me the correct message but when received on the
client side it just displayed ???????.......,   any suggestions and comments?

Jun-Liang Chen
jlchen@intumit.com
www.intumit.com

  I think in the XML using cdata for all string values can solve this problem.
  This is also a better solution then escaping special characters as done in the current code.
  Guy

Re: internationlization

Re: internationlization

Posted by Guy Galil <Gu...@ViryaNet.com>.