Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by smovva <su...@sturfee.com> on 2018/06/21 00:53:28 UTC

Service grid vs AWS Auto Scaling

I have ignite data grid and I'm looking to build a REST service on top to
serve this data. Looks like I have two choices here.
1. I can build a plain web service which will act as a client node on the
ignite cluster and place that in AWS auto scaling group (For scaling up
during peak hours and also handling failures)
2. I can deploy service on ignite service nodes

What are the advantages of one over the other?

Re: Service grid vs AWS Auto Scaling

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

It depends on how complex your service would be. Considering that you're
going to use some HTTP server to process your REST queries, I would go for
the first approach and scale that HTTP server with AWS.

--
Denis