Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by James Hang <jh...@bea.com> on 2007/04/05 19:43:35 UTC

Ordering child nodes across node types

I have the following mixin type "myMixin":

[myMixin] mixin orderable
+ mixA (someType)
+ mixB (someType)

I have the following node type "myType" which includes "mix":

[myType] > myMixin orderable
+ typeA
+ typeB

So I can create a new node A of type "myType" and add the following child
nodes:

A --> mixA, mixB, typeA, typeB

However, when I try to re-order "typeA" before "mixB", I get "child node
ordering not supported" error even though both "myType" and "myMixin" are
defined with the "orderable" keyword.  Is it because "typeA" and "mixB" are
in different types and so you can't order between them?  If so, is there a
way around this?

Re: Ordering child nodes across node types

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
hi,
the "orderable" actually means: "orderable child nodes", i.e. it
refers to the parent node. in your example, if A is of type "myType"
you should be able to order the child nodes no matter what nodetype
they are.

are you sure, node A is defined correctly?
regards, toby

On 4/5/07, James Hang <jh...@bea.com> wrote:

> I have the following mixin type "myMixin":
>
> [myMixin] mixin orderable
> + mixA (someType)
> + mixB (someType)
>
> I have the following node type "myType" which includes "mix":
>
> [myType] > myMixin orderable
> + typeA
> + typeB
>
> So I can create a new node A of type "myType" and add the following child
> nodes:
>
> A --> mixA, mixB, typeA, typeB
>
> However, when I try to re-order "typeA" before "mixB", I get "child node
> ordering not supported" error even though both "myType" and "myMixin" are
> defined with the "orderable" keyword.  Is it because "typeA" and "mixB" are
> in different types and so you can't order between them?  If so, is there a
> way around this?

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97