Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by cl...@outlook.com on 2016/03/06 18:40:31 UTC

No public network on zone

Hi all,

Apologies for flooding. I feel like I've made new progress with understanding CS. I have run into a bit more problems but I think I understand most of it.

It seems that I have setup my zone incorrectly. I accidentally clicked the security groups isolation under advanced network and as a result I did not have the Public network tag under the physical network setup screen. I didn't think much about it up and went about setting up everything including adding a couple of XS hosts. Everything is nice except I have 0/0 public IP addresses.

Now I'm trying to add a public subnet to the zone but I can't select the Public network because I don't have it set up. I go to the Zone page and there is no option to add physical network. I go to add a new zone, this time not selecting the security group isolation option and I see the Public tag on the next page.

Surely there is a way to add the public network to the zone without creating a new zone? I don't want to clear everything and start all over again.

Thanks

Josh

RE: No public network on zone

Posted by cl...@outlook.com.

I tried tagging them differently but it gives me an error about more than one networks with no tags specified to make a choice even though I tagged them all.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 3:42 AM -0800, "Sanjeev Neelarapu" <sa...@accelerite.com> wrote:

Josh,

You are right, we should specifiy traffic lables if we want to use multiple nics.
VPC is not supported with security groupd. We don't need to use GRE isolation for guest networks in VPC. It works only with VLAN isolation.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

RE: No public network on zone

RE: No public network on zone