Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Fred <fr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/01/22 19:55:30 UTC

How do I open .pub Publisher files?

Hi All,

How do I open .pub Publisher files?

Thank you very much,

Fred
On Tue, 1/20/15, Dennis E. Hamilton <de...@acm.org> wrote:

 Subject: RE: Would like to ask to print document in black and white without background color
 To: users@openoffice.apache.org, "'Lim Rui xian'" <li...@yahoo.com>
 Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 11:16 PM

 The list did not forward your
 attachment.

 Can you say what function is not as described in the
 Help.  That would help us determine what needs to be
 correct.

 Meanwhile, see if your printer settings can be used to force
 printing black and white.  If the background color is
 too strong, that might not work.

 You can, just for printing, do a Select All and clear the
 background (just don’t save the file after printing).

 Is that good enough as a workaround until we can discuss
 more detailed information from you?

 - Dennis

 PS: For any follow-up, please reply to users @
 openoffice.apache.org where other experts may have advice
 and others can learn the solutions to common problems.
 The OpenOffice Forums have an extensive knowledge base at
 https://forum.openoffice.org/,

Posted by Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>.
I've not used it myself, but apparently LibreOffice has had the ability to
import MS Publisher files for some time:
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2242618/libreoffice-4-is-released-with-microsoft-publisher-support

It's also coming to Scribus:
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Import_Publisher_to_Scribus

S.

Posted by NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 01/22/2015 12:13 PM, Simon Phipps wrote:
> I've not used it myself, but apparently LibreOffice has had the ability to
> import MS Publisher files for some time:
> http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2242618/libreoffice-4-is-released-with-microsoft-publisher-support

I have - it works well and I was able to salvage quite a few old .pub
files that I had.

> It's also coming to Scribus:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Import_Publisher_to_Scribus

Can't figure out how to get it to work w/Scribus 1.5.0 svn Trunk

1

Re: How do I open .pub Publisher files?

Posted by Stefan Boroda <im...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fred,