Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Terry Healy <th...@bnl.gov> on 2013/03/02 01:23:07 UTC

Reading AVRO with Pig

Can someone point me to some examples or documentation about how to read
and write AVRO files with Pig? I'm just getting started, but the bulk of
my data is in AVRO.

Thanks,

Terry

Re: Reading AVRO with Pig

Posted by Johnny Zhang <xi...@cloudera.com>.
Hi, Terry:
You can check out
contrib/piggybank/java/src/test/java/org/apache/pig/piggybank/test/storage/avro/TestAvroStorage.java
Here are many test cases exercise load and store avro files.

Johnny