Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2013/05/04 14:14:29 UTC

[VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

We've resolved over 40 issues since 2.7.4.   Not a lot, but it includes an OSGi fix that is blocking a Camel issues which may also be causing issues with the ServiceMix release.  This also affects CXF 2.6.x which affects Camel 2.10.x/ServiceMix 4.5.1 so I decided to do a 2.6.x release as well.

List of issues:
2.6.8
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12324276
2.7.5
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12324277

The Maven staging areas are at:
2.6.8
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-172/
2.7.5
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-174/

The distributions are in the org/apache/cxf/apache-cxf/ directory of the Maven staging areas.

This releases are tagged at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/tags/cxf-2.6.8
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/tags/cxf-2.7.5

Daniel Kulp

RE: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.
+1

thanks
aki

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
+1

   - Dennis

Re: [CANCEL] [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
On 07/05/13 17:11, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> The Talend QA team (as well as Glen and a few others) have found some backwards compatibility issues with 2.7.5 that are causing issues.   Another example is Syncope not being able to update due to a compatibility problem.
>
> Thus, I'm canceling this vote to resolve those few issues and I'll rebuild later tonight once I can verify those fixes are in place.
>
> Sorry about that, but definitely give the testers some credit for finding the issues.

And the real 'culprit' is CXF JAX-RS front-end, sorry to all.

3 migration issues have been reported:
- JAX-RS Response copy does not work if 1.1 API happens to be on the
classpath
- Legacy custom ResourceComparators extending CXF
OperationResourceInfoComparator will 'find' the super constructor missing
- Finally, CXF JAX-RS clients are now adapted to CXF core Client
interface so that their lifecycle can be managed with
ClientLifeCycleListener interface expecting the latter. The custom
listeners expecting Client.getEndpoint working will get NPE

First 2 issues have been resolved, the last one will be shortly

Apologies all for the hassle,
Sergey

[CANCEL] [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
The Talend QA team (as well as Glen and a few others) have found some backwards compatibility issues with 2.7.5 that are causing issues.   Another example is Syncope not being able to update due to a compatibility problem.

Thus, I'm canceling this vote to resolve those few issues and I'll rebuild later tonight once I can verify those fixes are in place.

Sorry about that, but definitely give the testers some credit for finding the issues.

Dan

On May 4, 2013, at 8:14 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> We've resolved over 40 issues since 2.7.4.   Not a lot, but it includes an OSGi fix that is blocking a Camel issues which may also be causing issues with the ServiceMix release.  This also affects CXF 2.6.x which affects Camel 2.10.x/ServiceMix 4.5.1 so I decided to do a 2.6.x release as well.
>

> List of issues:
> 2.6.8
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12324276
> 2.7.5
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12324277
>
> The Maven staging areas are at:
> 2.6.8
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-172/
> 2.7.5
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-174/
>
> The distributions are in the org/apache/cxf/apache-cxf/ directory of the Maven staging areas.
>
> This releases are tagged at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/tags/cxf-2.6.8
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/tags/cxf-2.7.5

> Daniel Kulp

Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Glen

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
+1.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>.
+1 (non binding)

>>> projectId=12310511&version=**12324276<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12324276>
>>> 2.7.5
>>> https://issues.apache.org/**jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?**
>>> projectId=12310511&version=**12324277<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12324277>
>>>
>>> The Maven staging areas are at:
>>> 2.6.8
>>> https://repository.apache.org/**content/repositories/**orgapachecxf-172/<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-172/>
>>> 2.7.5

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by Jim Ma <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com>.
+1

RE: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
+1 (added 2.7.5 as fix version for CXF-4994)

Thanks
Oli

> We've resolved over 40 issues since 2.7.4.   Not a lot, but it includes an OSGi fix that is blocking a Camel issues which may also be causing issues with the ServiceMix release.  This also affects CXF 2.6.x which affects Camel 2.10.x/ServiceMix 4.5.1 so I decided to do a 2.6.x release as well.
>

> List of issues:
> 2.6.8
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12324276
> 2.7.5
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12324277
>
> The Maven staging areas are at:
> 2.6.8
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-172/
> 2.7.5
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-174/
>
> The distributions are in the org/apache/cxf/apache-cxf/ directory of the Maven staging areas.
>
> This releases are tagged at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/tags/cxf-2.6.8
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/tags/cxf-2.7.5

Sergey Beryozkin