Posted to user@struts.apache.org by daveck <de...@holstein.com> on 2008/02/14 17:50:44 UTC

Ajax tabbedPanel and sitemesh problem

Hi,
I am having problem using an ajax tabbedPanel with sitemesh.
If I don't decorate page.jsp, the tabbedPanel works fine.
As soon as I decorate it, the <s:head theme="ajax" /> in the <head> section
of page.jsp doesn't make it through to the final decorated page.  As a
result, only the html is displayed.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
David

web.xml

    version="2.4">

    <filter>
        <filter-name>struts-cleanup</filter-name>
        <filter-class>
            org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp
        </filter-class>
    </filter>
    <filter>
        <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
        <filter-class>
            com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter
        </filter-class>
    </filter>

    <filter>
        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</filter-class>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
       <filter-name>struts-cleanup</filter-name>
       <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

    <listener>
        <listener-class>
            org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
        </listener-class>
    </listener>

    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

</web-app>

decorators.xml:

<decorators defaultdir="/decorators">
    <decorator name="main" page="main.jsp">
          <pattern>/*</pattern>
    </decorator>
</decorators>

main.jsp (main decorator):

<%@ taglib uri="http://www.opensymphony.com/sitemesh/decorator"
prefix="decorator" %>
  <head>
      <title><decorator:title default="Default Title" /> </title>
      <%@ include file="/includes/style.jsp"%>
  </head>

  <%@ include file="/includes/header.jsp"%>
  <%@ include file="/includes/loginStatus.jsp"%>

              <%@ include file="/includes/navbar.jsp"%>

              <%@ include file="/includes/footer.jsp"%>

page.jsp to be decorated.

<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" language="java" %>
<head>
    <title>Cow Quest</title>
    <s:head theme="ajax"  />
</head>

    <s:tabbedPanel id="test">

        <s:div id="first" label="First Tab" theme="ajax" labelposition="top"

                Tab content here....

        </s:div>

        <s:div id="second" label="Second Tab" theme="ajax"
            labelposition="top" >
                Tab content here....

        </s:div>

        <s:div id="third" label="Third Tab" theme="ajax" labelposition="top"

                Tab content here....

        </s:div>

    </s:tabbedPanel>

Re: Ajax tabbedPanel and sitemesh problem

Posted by daveck <de...@holstein.com>.
Yes.  Shortly after I sent this message I added it in.  Now I'm having
another problem.  The contents of the <tabbedPanel>....</tabbedPanel> tag of
the page being decorated is  being replaced with the contents of the first
html tag in the decorator.

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.

Posted by daveck <de...@holstein.com>.