Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Jason Bailey <Ja...@sas.com> on 2015/12/07 21:44:15 UTC

Sling job pool sizing

I'm trying to understand the relationships between the different pools of threads in Sling and get feedback on configuration. Specifically with Jobs.

There is a default job queue with a job pool size.
You can then define a specific job queue with a pool size and optional thread queue
There is also an overall Sling Job Thread pool.

This is my understanding:
Both the general and specific job queues create their queues from the overall thread pool.
If you specify a thread pool, then a new thread pool gets created that is completely independent of the overall thread pool.

Feedback
Does anyone have any feedback or experience configuring queues? How many threads per CPU should I consider appropriate? How many threads per Jobs?

Thanks
-Jason