Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Hayes, Peter" <Pe...@fmr.com> on 2008/10/16 20:22:25 UTC

Release plugin : Update RELEASE versions to actual release version during prepare

We are considering trying to use the special RELEASE version in our pom
files.  I think in order to generate reproducible builds though the
RELEASE version needs to be locked down to the actual latest release
version as specified in the metadata.  Once the release has been
performed, the version change should be reverted back to RELEASE.

Is this part of the release plugin functionality?

Peter Hayes   <http://www.linkedin.com/in/petehayes>
Architecture & Shared Technology Services | Fidelity Investments
Management Technology

Re: Release plugin : Update RELEASE versions to actual release version during prepare

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.
the release plugin generates a resolve pom that it commits to the tag... that
has the actual version...

there are caveats to its use like: it does not preserve exclusions and removes
ranges but other than that it should be ok

--
Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer