Posted to users@flex.apache.org by santanu4ver <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/26 11:13:09 UTC

.PKG installer requires WebKit to be removed (!) What is next?

Hi,

We are preparing our AIR app to be distributed with App Store. We followed
the steps as described here:
http://pigsels.com/2012/04/air-app-store-publishing-guide/ and able to
generate signed .pkg installer as well.

Our problem is with Webkit as the article mentioned it requires to remove
the WebKit files before submitting to App Store to make it accepted by
Apple:

-----------------------
1. Now, it’s time to make the magic: remove webkit.plugin from your bundle.
This, of course, means, that you will not be able to use HTML rendering in
your AIR application. The reason behind this is that Apple will refuse your
app with WebKit plugin in it, because this plugin itself contains calls to
undocumented Mac APIs, which is not tolerated by Apple.
Fortunately an AIR application will work just fine without WebKit if it has
no use of HTML rendering.

Our application uses HTML component. Removing WebKit.dylib throws internal
error when an HTML component being called inside. Unfortunately the article
didn't mentioned any workaround what if my application requires HTML
rendering.

Any way we can overcome this issue and get HTML running even in signed .pkg
file?

Thanks.