Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com> on 2014/07/22 19:45:12 UTC

TDB transactions

Are there any tools to help with debugging multi-threaded TDB Transactions?

I know that I must have some sort of weird error as I create a transaction
but when I try to commit I get the "Not active" errors. :(

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: TDB transactions

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 22/07/14 18:45, Claude Warren wrote:
> Are there any tools to help with debugging multi-threaded TDB Transactions?

A transaction opens on one thread is isolated from a transaction opened
on another thread.  There are Threadlocal variables in the background.

The main idiom is to have begin the commit/abort/end in the same place
and using try-finally.

And don't nest them.

With care, you can pass transaction around (but not via the Dataset
object) but it's quite tricky to get right and only really exists for
legacy reasons.  And it's then very easy to get CCME:-)

> I know that I must have some sort of weird error as I create a transaction
> but when I try to commit I get the "Not active" errors. :(

Something else ended the transaction.

	Andy