Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Turansky, Mark" <mt...@axiom-rm.com> on 2004/02/04 22:12:02 UTC

FIX THIS! Bad dependency is culprit -> Tomcat 5.0.18 not responding as a Windows Service

The error I described below was fixed by installing a public JRE.

I do not want a public runtime!  I want the java installation in c:\java only, NOT in c:\program files\java\j2re1.4.2_03!!!

Developers, please remove this ridiculous dependency.  4.1.28 worked just fine using my single installation at c:\java, but 5.0.18 won't?!?!