Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Stubenrauch,Andreas" <me...@erv.de> on 2000/11/30 17:47:07 UTC

[Bug] encodeURL() not working with SSL (TC3.2)

Hi,
sorry I newly subscribed and don't know if this is adressed already:

In Tomcat 3.2 final encodeURL() does not work if the request is sent over
https.
This is caused in
org.apache.tomcat.facade.HttpServletResponseFacade.toAbsolut(String url)
where an absolute URL is constructed by using new URL(URL, spec)
This will throw an MalformedURLException if the URL is https,
because no URLStreamHandler exsist for https (in standard jdk/jre)
(Because of this exception the URL is assumed not to be
encodable)

Workaround:
Install JSSE properly and start tomcat with
 -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol

But I think this should be fixed internal.

Regards,
Andreas