Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Morrison, John" <Jo...@uk.experian.com> on 2001/08/08 12:00:29 UTC

[C2] Difference between...

Hi All,

There was a change committed between the 13 July and the 14 July which broke
Cocoon2 support for ServletExec.  I did cvs co -D "13 July 2001"
xml-cocoon2, built and it worked correctly, rm -rf xml-cocoon2 ; cvs co -D
"14 July 2001" xml-cocoon2 doesn't.  The error reported is...

ERROR   99726   [cocoon  ] (main): Could not configure Cocoon environment
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:209)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:157)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:622)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:151)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.CallServletInit(ServletExec.java)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplServletContext.CreateServlet(ApplServletConte
xt.java)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplServletContext.loadConfiguredServlet(ApplServ
letContext.java)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.LoadExternalServlets(ApplicationI
nfo.java)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.LoadExternalServlets(ServerHostInf
o.java)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.LoadExternalServlets(ServletExec.java
)
	at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.Init(ServletExec.java)
	at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.Init(ServletExec.java)

(full log file attached)

I've examined the files commited between those two dates and I can't see
what could be causing it.

I've (kind of) ruled out it being any of the supporting jars because if I
replace the 14 July cocoon.jar with the one built from 13 July it works.  So
this indicates that it's nothing to do with changes to external jars?

Any help would be appreciated...

J.

of this email.

Re: [C2] Difference between...

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Morrison, John wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> There was a change committed between the 13 July and the 14 July which broke
> Cocoon2 support for ServletExec.  I did cvs co -D "13 July 2001"
> xml-cocoon2, built and it worked correctly, rm -rf xml-cocoon2 ; cvs co -D
> "14 July 2001" xml-cocoon2 doesn't.  The error reported is...
>
> ERROR   99726   [cocoon  ] (main): Could not configure Cocoon environment
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:209)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:157)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:622)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:151)
> 	at
> com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.CallServletInit(ServletExec.java)
> 	at
> com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplServletContext.CreateServlet(ApplServletConte
> xt.java)
> 	at
> com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplServletContext.loadConfiguredServlet(ApplServ
> letContext.java)
> 	at
> com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.LoadExternalServlets(ApplicationI
> nfo.java)
> 	at
> com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.LoadExternalServlets(ServerHostInf
> o.java)
> 	at
> com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.LoadExternalServlets(ServletExec.java
> )
> 	at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.Init(ServletExec.java)
> 	at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.Init(ServletExec.java)
>
> (full log file attached)
>
> I've examined the files commited between those two dates and I can't see
> what could be causing it.
>
> I've (kind of) ruled out it being any of the supporting jars because if I
> replace the 14 July cocoon.jar with the one built from 13 July it works.  So
> this indicates that it's nothing to do with changes to external jars?
>
> Any help would be appreciated...

Have you compared the jars in the ./lib directory as well?

Giacomo