Posted to general@gump.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/10/14 07:06:33 UTC

building Forrest (Was: [RT] fixing gump)

David Crossley wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > first of all, I think forrest should really transfer control of their
> > descriptor to the gump project.
>
> Well, i said that we would sometime soon. I also said
> "not now because we have an imminent release of Forrest."
> Our attention is going there and we are in code freeze.
>
> However if you want to take our descriptor into Gump CVS now,
> then please do. We can catch up later and disentangle it from
> our build process.

Stefano, thanks. I went to do this today and see that
you have already made a new projects/forrest.xml

It seems that Gump is still using the old descriptor in our SVN.
How do i get Gump to switch? The profile/gump.xml looks okay,
but the last time that it was built was two days ago using the
old descriptor.

--
David Crossley

Re: building Forrest (Was: [RT] fixing gump)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > It seems that Gump is still using the old descriptor in our SVN.
> > How do i get Gump to switch? The profile/gump.xml looks okay,
> > but the last time that it was built was two days ago using the
> > old descriptor.
>
> It doesn't look Ok in my checked out copy. Have you perhaps
> forgotten to commit it?
> Anyway, I have committed the change I think is necessary...

Ah i see. Stefano moved Forrest and Lenya descriptors
but disabled Forrest. I am beginning to understand the
configuration. Thanks everyone.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thursday 14 October 2004 13:06, David Crossley wrote:
> It seems that Gump is still using the old descriptor in our SVN.
> How do i get Gump to switch? The profile/gump.xml looks okay,
> but the last time that it was built was two days ago using the
> old descriptor.

It doesn't look Ok in my checked out copy. Have you perhaps forgotten to
commit it?
Anyway, I have committed the change I think is necessary...

Niclas
--
   +------//-------------------+
  / http://www.bali.ac        /

Re: building Forrest (Was: [RT] fixing gump)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > Stefano, thanks. I went to do this today and see that
> > you have already made a new projects/forrest.xml
> >
> > It seems that Gump is still using the old descriptor in our SVN.
> > How do i get Gump to switch? The profile/gump.xml looks okay,
> > but the last time that it was built was two days ago using the
> > old descriptor.
>
> that's weird. it shouldn't do that! how do you know it used the old
> descriptor?

Niclas helped to fix it. The profile/gump.xml had the
old entry commented out, but no new one added.

It was not that it "used the old descriptor" but rather
that it did not run since the last time the old descriptor
was used. Investigating the web pages shows a pointer to
which descriptor was used.

However there still seems to be something amiss, perhaps
due to the recent disk-space issues. The cover pages have
not been updated for a few days:
http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/gump_xref/
These lead to the old "xml-forrest" pages. Following through
and switching URLs to "forrest" i see a successful build.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.