Posted to user@flink.apache.org by orips <or...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/01 15:56:02 UTC

Re: Exceptions in Web UI do not appear in logs

Hi,

It's version 1.5.2.

I actually found the place in the code responsible for it.
In the "catch" block, it doesn't log the error and it lets it propagate.

https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/62839e88e15b338a8af9afcef698c38a194c592f/flink-connectors/flink-connector-kinesis/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/streaming/connectors/kinesis/internals/ShardConsumer.java

Re: Exceptions in Web UI do not appear in logs

Posted by Arvid Heise <ar...@ververica.com>.
If an exception is unhandled in connectors, it will eventually be handled
by the runtime, where it is logged and the task fails. Doing both logging
and throwing an exception is an anti-pattern as the consumer of an
exception should have the sole responsibility of handling it correctly.

In your case, the question is why the error is not properly logged on task
level. Since you are using a very old version of Flink, chances are high
that this issue is already resolved in a more recent version.

Do you have the option to upgrade?