Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by to...@yahoo.com on 2006/03/14 14:40:54 UTC

Log4j in JSR 168 Struts portlets

Has anyone tried to incorporate log4j in a JSR 168 Struts portlet?

  Here's my set-up
  - I have a log4j.properties file in \JavaSource (I am using RAD 6.0)
  - I put log4j-1.2.8.jar under WebContent\WEB-INF\lib
  - the log4j.properties file specifies a ConsoleAppender and a level of DEBUG.

  When I run my portlet, the logger.debug() statements are not logged. The logger.error() statements are logged to a file called MarketWatch.log even though I'm expecting them to show up on the console.

  So it looks like my log4j.properties is not getting read. Can anyone help me fix this?

  Thanks!

Re: Log4j in JSR 168 Struts portlets

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
Adding -Dlog4j.debug to the command line should tell you what is
configuring log4j.

--
James Stauffer