Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by jeanbabyxu <je...@aexp.com> on 2012/03/22 21:07:55 UTC

How to add classes into mahout-score-0.5-job.jar?

>From Chapter 6 of "Mahout in Action" (page 111)

"But were you to use your own implementation, you would need to add it and
any of its dependent classes into he JAR file as well. This can be
accomplished with

jar uf mahout-core-0.5-job.jar -C [classes directory]
"

My question is : how to find out the directory for the dependent classes?
Can anyone post an example if possible? For example, I would like to add
SIMILARITY_EUCLEDEAN_DISTANCE which I don't think is contained in
mahout-core-0.5-job.jar yet.

Re: How to add classes into mahout-score-0.5-job.jar?

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On 22.03.2012 jeanbabyxu wrote:
> From Chapter 6 of "Mahout in Action" (page 111)
>
> "But were you to use your own implementation, you would need to add it and
> any of its dependent classes into he JAR file as well. This can be
> accomplished with
>
> jar uf mahout-core-0.5-job.jar -C [classes directory]
> "
>
> My question is : how to find out the directory for the dependent classes?

This description explains how to add your own classes that you have implemented
to the classpath - e.g. in cases where you want to use your own distance
implementation rather than those provided with Mahout. I'm not sure this is what
you are looking for. What do you want to accomplish?

Isabel

Re: How to add classes into mahout-score-0.5-job.jar?

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
It is wherever you compiled your own classes -- it's up to you.

SIMILARITY_EUCLEDEAN_DISTANCE is not a class.
You should use 0.6 anyway. While you may find you have to make minor
modifications if following the book, it's 99% compatible.