Posted to user@storm.apache.org by P lva <ru...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/09 20:11:23 UTC

Running Storm Starter from eclipse

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to run the storm starter project from eclipse directly onto the
remote cluster (without packaging the jar).

This is how I submit the topology.

Config conf = new Config();
conf.setDebug(true);
conf.put(Config.NIMBUS_HOST, "1.1.1.1");
conf.put(Config.NIMBUS_THRIFT_PORT, 6627);
System.setProperty("storm.jar", "/location/to/jar");
StormSubmitter.submitTopology("test", conf, builder.createTopology());

The topology shows up on the UI but I see this message in the supervisors
logs

 b.s.d.supervisor [INFO] 092f7e32-1f07-4323-88a7-82fed8779314 still hasn't
started

Thanks

Re: Running Storm Starter from eclipse

Posted by P lva <ru...@gmail.com>.
I'm trying to avoid deploying the jar on the remote unix machine.

Posted by Jeremy Heiler <je...@gmail.com>.