Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Tarek M. Nabil" <Ta...@itworx.com> on 2002/11/18 21:39:42 UTC

HTML tags in XML

Hi everyone, I have a small question. I read some data from the database and put it in an XML document, then transfer this document to HTML using Xalan. The problem is, the text in the database sometimes contains HTML tags, like <br> and stuff like that. This is supposed to appear in the final document as an HTML tag, but instead, it gets encoded as &lt;br&gt; and appears in the browser as <br>. What can I do to prevent that?

Every help is appreciated.

Tarek M. Nabil