Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Bilal Al Fartakh <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/06 11:21:45 UTC

Running topology from supervisor node

can I run topology form a supervisor node because when try it  it gave me
the current error :
org.apache.thrift7.transport.TTransportException:
any help please ?
best regards .

--
*Al Fartakh Bilal*

Re: Running topology from supervisor node

Posted by Nhan Nguyen Ba <nh...@htklabs.com>.
Hi,
You can't submit a topology to supervisor directly, topology must be submit
via nimbus via "storm jar" command, then nimbus will distribute the
topology to supervisors in the cluster, your topology would end up running
on supervisor anyway. If a supevisor is down when running, its workload
will be redistributed to other supervisor in the cluster

--
Thanks & Regards,
*Nhan Nguyen*

Re: Running topology from supervisor node

Posted by Bilal Al Fartakh <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi !
the Zookeeper and nimbus are running (both in my nimbus node ) , so if I
could run my topology where else I have to check ?
thank you for your interaction .

Posted by padma priya chitturi <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,