Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2019/03/14 13:43:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.39

The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.39 release is now available for voting.

The major changes compared to the 8.5.38 release are:

- The APR/Native connector now supports both OpenSSL and JSSE TLS
  configuration syntax (NIO and NIO2 already support this)

- Various improvements to NIO2

- Various fixes for HTTP/2 push requests

- Refactor error handling so that errors that occur early in request
  processing are handled by the application's error handling where the
  application can be identified

Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.

For full details, see the changelog:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat85/docs/changelog.html

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.39/

The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1206/

The tag is:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/8.5.39
f481565d959dc5a5eae1576cc294774c8683b4dc

The proposed 8.5.39 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.39

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.39

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Le 14/03/2019 à 14:43, Mark Thomas a écrit :

> The proposed 8.5.39 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.39

+1, tested on Debian 10 with OpenJDK 11.0.3+1 and OpenSSL 1.1.1b

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.39

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 14.03.19 um 14:43 schrieb Mark Thomas:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.39 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 8.5.38 release are:
>
> - The APR/Native connector now supports both OpenSSL and JSSE TLS
>    configuration syntax (NIO and NIO2 already support this)
>
> - Various improvements to NIO2
>
> - Various fixes for HTTP/2 push requests
>
> - Refactor error handling so that errors that occur early in request
>    processing are handled by the application's error handling where the
>    application can be identified
>

> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat85/docs/changelog.html
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.39/
>
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1206/
>
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/8.5.39
> f481565d959dc5a5eae1576cc294774c8683b4dc
>

> The proposed 8.5.39 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [x] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.39

The file "res/ide-support/idea/tomcat.iml" is missing in the src
packages compared to the tag in git.

But I don't think that this is a show stopper and has probably been the
same for the last releases. It is probably because we exclude all *.iml
files in the target dist-source. (Will submit a fix to trunk)

Regards

  Felix

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.39

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Igal Sapir <is...@apache.org>.
On 3/14/2019 6:43 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.39 release is now available for voting.
>
> <snip/>
>

> The proposed 8.5.39 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.39

Tested on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04

Best,

Igal

[VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.39

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
The following votes were cast:

Binding:
+1: isapir, fschumacher, remm, ebourg

No other votes were cast.

The vote therefore passes.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

Mark