Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "zhaoyi0113@gmail.com" <zh...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/27 14:10:44 UTC

Session question

I want to know how session handle communications. There are two cases. One is
that I declared and subscribed two queues on one session. The other is that
I declared and subscribed two queues on two sessions separately. What is the
different between them? Will they have different behaviors when receiving
messages?

thanks,
Zhao Yi

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Session question

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
On 10/27/2010 08:10 AM, zhaoyi0113@gmail.com wrote:
> I want to know how session handle communications. There are two cases. One is
> that I declared and subscribed two queues on one session. The other is that
> I declared and subscribed two queues on two sessions separately. What is the
> different between them? Will they have different behaviors when receiving
> messages?

Thread concurrency happens at the session level. however if they are on the
same connection in both cases I'm not sure there will be much difference in
concurrency as the two sessions will get interleaved on the connection

Gordon would know for sure.

Using multiple sessions on the same connection is mainly for management of
lifecycle of subscriptions etc.

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org