Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by sac sha <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/22 20:14:25 UTC

How to get Content directory p:q!ath in pipeline?

Hi All

Is there anyway I can fetch the url of my content directory into my
pipeline. Before I was using default location for content and now I
have put all my content out of my application, into the file system.

Earlier I used to refer my content directory as
publication/area/content but now as the location is file system and I
dont want to hard code it. Any suggestions will be great help.

Regards
Sac

Re: How to get Content directory p:q!ath in pipeline?

Posted by Hans Koerber <ha...@koerber-net.com>.
Hi Sac,

I'm not sure if I understand you correct, but we also put our content in
a directory outside the application. But we use the
<pub>/config/publication.xml file to configure this. You specify your
content directory by just using :
<content-dir src="/path/to/your/content"/>

This way your content is outside the application but you can still use
pup/area/content to address it. And for the live sites we use proxy /
rewrite to hide the pub/area part from the outside world.

Cheers,
Hans.