Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ruberl Michele <mr...@etnoteam.it> on 2000/11/17 10:52:35 UTC

tomcat virtual hosts configuration

Hi everybody,
I'm on my way to configuring Tomcat on a RedHat7-Apache1.3.14 machine.
I've got 2 Apache Virtual hosts and my httpd.conf file seems like the
following:

-----

User bla
Group bla
ServerRoot /bla

Listen 1.2.3.4:80
Listen 1.2.3.5:80

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.jsp

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
        ServerName www.pippo.com
        ServerAdmin webmaster@pippo.com
        DocumentRoot /pippo/htdocs
        TransferLog /pippo/logs/access_log
        ErrorLog /pippo/logs/error_log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.5:80>
        ServerName www.pluto.com
        ServerAdmin webmaster@pluto.com
        DocumentRoot /pluto/htdocs
        TransferLog /pluto/logs/access_log
        ErrorLog /pluto/logs/error_log
</VirtualHost>

--------

I'd like to hace Tomcat configured like that: Apache should redirect all and
only the .jsp and .class requests to Tomcat. Tomcat should have 2 virtual
host (is it necessary?) and a structure per application like the following
(does it make sense?):

+--- virtualhosthome (root application)
   +--- WEB-INF
           +--- classes
           +--- lib
    +--- htdocs (containing html, jsp, gif...)
               +--- app1 (containing html, jsp, gif...)
                      +--- WEB-INF (for app1)
+--- virtualhost2home (root application)

Does it make sense?
How can I write my tomcat.conf and server.xml in order to do that? Do I have
to touch my mime.types?
Thanks for any help

Michele