Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Darran White <da...@googlemail.com> on 2010/04/15 09:54:41 UTC

Language integration mail groups

Hi,
It might be a good idea to have some mail groups for couchdb and some
common languages. E.g
Couch-php-integration
Couch-jvm-integration
Couch-dotnet-integration

The main mailing list would then be core couchdb. I think this would
have the following benefits:-

The main mailing list will then be focused on couch db discussions and
those subscribing to it won't get mailed language specific issues.

People can subscribe to the particular mailing list for the language
they are interested in which I think would really help to promote
couch in that specific language and further the development of
language specific Apis.

What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Language integration mail groups

Posted by Darran White <da...@googlemail.com>.
Paul,
Sounds good maybe a link on your mail lists page to the wiki so it's
easy to find. The grails guys do something similar.
Darran

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by J Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
Darran,

<da...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Paul,
> Fair enough. In that case when I get a chance I'll create a jvm
> integration group probably on google groups. It may be worth listing
> the different user groups on your "mailing list" page though.
> Regards
> Darran
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 15 Apr 2010, at 15:54, Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Darran,
>>
>> I don't think there's an issue with users starting a specific language
>> list, but I don't think its something I'd want to ask infrastructure
>> to setup and maintain.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Paul Davis
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:54 AM, Darran White
>> <da...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> It might be a good idea to have some mail groups for couchdb and some
>>> common languages. E.g
>>> Couch-php-integration
>>> Couch-jvm-integration

Posted by Darran White <da...@googlemail.com>.