Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Denys Kuzmenko <dk...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2024/03/01 13:33:00 UTC

Re: Release of Hive 4 and TPC-DS benchmark

Hi All,

Some updates on Hive-4.0 status:

All known 4.0 release blockers were addressed and merged to the master.
Thanks to everyone involved!!!
We've raised a new PR to rebase branch-4.0. After that, we'll accept only
bug fixes or some major improvements.

Feel free to check and test branch-4.0 in a couple of days. We'll continue
running number of functional & performance tests before the RC.

Regards,
Denys

Posted by Denys Kuzmenko <dk...@apache.org>.
Hi Pravin,

TPC-DS tracking Jira: HIVE-27929.

The functional test run is completed, waiting for the TPC-DS execution. There were some glitches with the infra last week, expecting results in the next 2-3 days. After that, we should be ready with RC.

Regards,
Denys

Re: Release of Hive 4 and TPC-DS benchmark

Posted by Pravin sinha <pk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update on this, Denys. Do we have any tracking jira for the
plan on performance test on the branch-4 build and is that the only
activity pending for releasing Hive-4.0.0?

Regards,
Pravin