Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by "Schuh, Stefan" <St...@coi.de> on 2005/05/02 14:25:34 UTC

Highlighting, Keywords and Summarizing

Hi,

I'm looking for tools (code) which provides information for:

- Highlighting (of search results)
- extracting of keywords (in different languages)
- and summarizing of text (giving a short description of a long text)

Has anyone an idea if there is some code or solutions (based on lucene)
for using?

Regards

Stefan

Re: Highlighting, Keywords and Summarizing

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On May 2, 2005, at 8:25 AM, Schuh, Stefan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for tools (code) which provides information for:
>
> - Highlighting (of search results)

Lucene includes a highlighter in its contrib area.  You can see an
example of it here: http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=highlighter

Highlighter is currently in a build-it-yourself state in Lucene's
Subversion repository, however it will be released in binary official
form with Lucene 1.9 in the near future.  You can get the binary of it
from the Lucene in Action source code download.

> - extracting of keywords (in different languages)

Please elaborate on what you're after here.

> - and summarizing of text (giving a short description of a long text)

Classifier4j has a text summarizer:
http://classifier4j.sourceforge.net/

	Erik