Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Wim Sloterdijk <sl...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/26 12:41:49 UTC

Regarding PDFBOX-922

Hello ,

I want to use PDFBox to write a.o. Hebrew/Chinese texts to existing PDF
documents , which is not possible at this moment (using version 1.8.1).
I noticed that the PDFBOX-922 feature will not be incorporated in future
versions 1.8.3 and 2.0.0.
Can you give a rough estimate when this will be incorporated in a new
release ?

Regards ,

Wim

Re: Regarding PDFBOX-922

Posted by Wim Sloterdijk <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andreas ,

Thank you , that is good news ,

Regards , Wim

Re: Regarding PDFBOX-922

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 26.09.2013 12:41, schrieb Wim Sloterdijk:
> Hello ,
>
> I want to use PDFBox to write a.o. Hebrew/Chinese texts to existing PDF
> documents , which is not possible at this moment (using version 1.8.1).
> I noticed that the PDFBOX-922 feature will not be incorporated in future
> versions 1.8.3 and 2.0.0.
> Can you give a rough estimate when this will be incorporated in a new
> release ?
You are right, it won't be part of the next bugfix release 1.8,3 but I'm
pretty sure that it will be solved in 2.0.0. We don't have any schedule
for our next major release.

> Regards ,
>
> Wim

BR