Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Davide Bonicelli <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/13 22:05:21 UTC

[Trinidad] "Freeze" page on submit after client side validation

Hi all,
   in my application I need to "freeze" a page after it has been submitted.
I do that by adding a javascript "freezePage()" to the "onsubmit" event of
the tr:form and everything works fine (a semi-transparent <DIV> is imposed
over the page).
The problem is that if I have a client side validation on the page, then the
page is freezed but not submitted because the client side validation error
messages are displayed, thus I need to reload the page.
I have a javascript function "unfreeze()" that I nedd to call if a client
side validation error message is displayed. Binding the <tr:messages>
element to dynamically add the unfreeze script to the page doesn't work
since the messages are generated client side.

So here is my question: can someone point me to the javascript function in
Core.js that gets invoked IF there are client side error messages to be
displayed? If I modify it, I think everything will work fine.

Thank you
Davide