Posted to dev@hop.apache.org by Matt Casters <ma...@neo4j.com.INVALID> on 2021/06/18 08:34:34 UTC

Hop Web: timeouts

Hello Hops,

Over the past couple of weeks we've slowly been fixing the last remaining
(glaringly obvious) bugs in Hop Web and I think we now have full functional
parity on Windows, Linux, OSX and Web.

That being said, there are particular challenges which still remain for Hop
web.  The first and most important issue is IMO a session timeout and the
loss of work.
I've documented possible solutions in HOP-2966
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-2966> and I would appreciate it
if you could offer other ideas to fix this issue.  Can we make the timeout
configurable?
Please continue to test the latest versions of Hop Web.  It's easy with
these commands:

*docker pull apache/incubator-hop-web:1.0-SNAPSHOT*
*docker run -p 8080:8080 apache/incubator-hop-web:1.0-SNAPSHOT*

Thanks in advance for your input.

All the best,
Matt
--
Neo4j Chief Solutions Architect
*✉   *matt.casters@neo4j.com

Re: Hop Web: timeouts

Posted by Hiromu Hota <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I agree that auto-save would be the solution for the timeout issue.

> keeping a history of all revisions of a file, separate from the user's
version control.
We may not necessarily keep different versions than the user's.
Auto-saving every 5 mins (or a user-configured interval) would be a
low-hanging and simpler solution, that would be good enough.

Thanks,
Hiromu

Re: Hop Web: timeouts

Posted by Bart Maertens <ba...@know.bi>.