Posted to users@camel.apache.org by AbhishekSamuel <ab...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/11 20:45:49 UTC

JMS Component - Customized messageConverter

Hi,

I am trying to send a customized JMS MapMessage. I am using custom
MessageConverter to solve this purpose. However, i wish to send information
that is not specific to a route. Am using the syntax below

from("file://inbox/order").to("jms:queue:order?messageConverter=#myMessageConverter");

where myMessageConverter has been initialized in spring.

While constructing the route i wish to pass an object to its constructor, so
that the information can be used to send out the JMS. Could you please
advise on how to go about this ?

Thanks
Abhishek Samuel

Re: JMS Component - Customized messageConverter

Posted by Christian Mueller <ch...@gmail.com>.
You must be subscribed to the mailing list as we mentioned at [1]. Otherwise
the post is not forwarded to the mailing list and recognized by most of the
users/contributors/committers.

[1] http://camel.apache.org/discussion-forums.html

Best,
Christian

Re: JMS Component - Customized messageConverter

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can do it in the xml file using standard spring bean style, eg:

<bean id="myMessageConverter" class="com.foo.MyMessageConverter">
  <property name="someName" value="someValue"/>
</bean>

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM, AbhishekSamuel
<ab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Claus,
>
> Thanks for the reply. Am new to this configuration with spring. How do i go
> about calling the setter method for the myMessageConverter object given the
> syntax am using below ?
>
> from("file://inbox/order").to("jms:queue:order?messageConverter=#myMessageConverter");
>

> Thanks
> Abhishek Samuel

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: JMS Component - Customized messageConverter

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Just add setter methods to your myMessageConverter class, and call the
setter method when you have the runtime information.

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 6:37 AM, AbhishekSamuel
<ab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I understand spring supports it out of the box, but the object information
> is not available at spring initialization time. I have the object
> information at run time and if i cant use the constructor method, at least
> if there is a way of accessing the setter method of myMessageConverter, that
> would help.
>
> Thanks
> Abhishek

Claus Ibsen

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Do you want to pass the object to the constructor of myMessageConverter?
Spring supports it out of box :)

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.