Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gaurav Pruthi <gk...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/14 07:52:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Running 2 VirtualHosts under different Users.

Hi,

I have 2 virtualhosts configured under apache. Apache runs as user apache,
group: apache. I ham using apache 1.3.39. My first virtualHost requires
write permissions to the code so i have given write permissions to the code
so that apache can write, modify to it. DocumentRoot for 1st VirtualHost is
/var/www/html/greenpark/users/trademark/docroot/

DocumentRoot for 2nd VirtualHost is  /var/www/html/greenpark/users/

My concern is that i don't want 2nd VirtualHost to have write permissions to
the code.

Is it possible to run different VirtualHosts under different Apache Users???

--
Gaurav Pruthi

Re: [users@httpd] Running 2 VirtualHosts under different Users.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Dec 14, 2007 2:47 AM, Christian Folini <ch...@post.ch> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'd work with multiple apaches and possibly a proxy setup,
> where the code writing one sits behind in the 2nd layer.

Yep:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PrivilegeSeparation

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Running 2 VirtualHosts under different Users.

Posted by Christian Folini <ch...@post.ch>.
Hi there,

I'd work with multiple apaches and possibly a proxy setup,
where the code writing one sits behind in the 2nd layer.

regs,

Christian