Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Magnus Rundberget <ru...@mac.com> on 2009/05/07 13:27:16 UTC

mac os x gzip compression 5.1

Hi,

I have a 5.0.18 App i tried upgrading to 5.1.0.5.

Using zones extensively.

When I try to invoke anything using a zone I get the following error;

A component event handler method returned the value Block[Body of
report/ViewReportNodes:output, at classpath:no/mil/ferdaball/web/pages/
report/ViewReportNodes.tml, line 21]. Return type
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.BlockImpl can not be handled.
Configured return types are java.lang.Class, java.lang.String,
java.net.URL, org.apache.tapestry5.Link,
org.apache.tapestry5.StreamResponse,
org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.Component.

I´ve tried;
- FF 3.0.10
- Safari: 3.2.1

running with IE6 on WinXP seems to work fine.

any pointers ?

cheers
Magnus

Re: mac os x gzip compression 5.1

Posted by Magnus Rundberget <ru...@mac.com>.
Cheers,

I found the culprit. It appears that T5.1 has changed the way java
scripts are included in head.

I had included a javascript conditionally in my Layout.tml;
<head>
<t:conditionalcomment t:condition="lt IE 7">
         <script type="text/javascript" src="/myapp/js/iehover-
fix.js"></script>
</t:conditionalcomment>
</head>

This rendered a tag
<!--[if lt IE 7]>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/myapp/js/iehover-fix.js"></script>
<![endif]-->

However all my included javascript references including tapestrys own
was added inside this conditional... so it worked for IE6... but
firefox obviously had rather poor js support for zones etc.

I.e :-) a minor gotcha that I should have noticed earlier.

Magnus

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.