Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tim Boyer <ti...@denmantire.com> on 2004/11/06 23:18:29 UTC

Original-Content-Type in header

I'm using RH Enterprise, Sendmail Switch, MimeDefang 2.44 and
SpamAssassin 3.0.1.  Somewhere in there a very few html messages are
having their content type changed to text/plain, and an
'Original-Content-Type' line inserted, like so:

... but I'll be darned if I can figure out which program is mangling
the headers.

I've asked around on the MIMEDefang list, and have been told that that
string isn't being added by anything MIMEDefang is set to do.  Does
anyone know if SpamAssassin could be changing this?

Thanks much...

--
Tim Boyer
tim@denmantire.com

Re: Original-Content-Type in header

Posted by Tim Boyer <ti...@denmantire.com>.
On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 17:23:28 -0500, Theo Van Dinter
<fe...@kluge.net> wrote:

>On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 05:18:29PM -0500, Tim Boyer wrote:
>> I'm using RH Enterprise, Sendmail Switch, MimeDefang 2.44 and
>> SpamAssassin 3.0.1.  Somewhere in there a very few html messages are
>> having their content type changed to text/plain, and an
>> 'Original-Content-Type' line inserted, like so:

>> I've asked around on the MIMEDefang list, and have been told that that
>> string isn't being added by anything MIMEDefang is set to do.  Does
>> anyone know if SpamAssassin could be changing this?
>
>Are you sure it's not just a bad spam program?
>
>If it is something changing the CT around, it's not SA.  We either encapsulate
>the message, or add a handful of X-Spam headers.

Hmmm.... I think that just leaves Sendmail, then.

It's a newsletter.  I know it's coming in as html, because I tossed a
little debugging log entry into MIMEDefang:

    if ($type eq "text/html") {
         md_graphdefang_log('html', $Subject, $RelayAddr);
    }

so it's getting in as html.

OK, I'll turn off the attachment filter in Sendmail and see what
happens.  Thanks much!

-- tim --

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 05:18:29PM -0500, Tim Boyer wrote:
> I'm using RH Enterprise, Sendmail Switch, MimeDefang 2.44 and
> SpamAssassin 3.0.1.  Somewhere in there a very few html messages are
> having their content type changed to text/plain, and an
> 'Original-Content-Type' line inserted, like so:

> I've asked around on the MIMEDefang list, and have been told that that
> string isn't being added by anything MIMEDefang is set to do.  Does
> anyone know if SpamAssassin could be changing this?

Are you sure it's not just a bad spam program?

If it is something changing the CT around, it's not SA.  We either encapsulate
the message, or add a handful of X-Spam headers.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Barney:	Boy, you never stop eating and you don't gain a pound.

 Homer:	It's my metaba-ma-lism.  I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

 		   The Way We Was