Posted to user@flume.apache.org by mardan Khan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/28 00:38:02 UTC

Installation of Flume1.x in window

Hi,

I want to install fulme1.x on window OS. For that i have follow the link:
http://mapredit.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/run-flume-13x-on-windows.html.

According to link, i have installed the mvn on c:\Maven.
Download and install the msysgit from limk:
http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downloads/list?q=full+installer+official+git.
(c:\programs file\git

Now I dont know how to follow the following steps as mention in the first
link. (How can start the git and clone flume's git repo to the local disk)

Start git and clone flume's git repo to the local harddisk. I created a
Source directory on my secondary HDD (D:) and cloned the repo into. Change
into the previous checkout'd directory and start to build your Apache Flume
installation with maven.
D:\Source\flume>mvn clean
D:\Source\flume>mvn package -DskipTests

Can any one show me step by step how i can install the flume1.x on window.

Many thanks