Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by camelContext <pr...@citrix.com> on 2009/10/20 22:46:00 UTC

Post script annotation

Hi All,

i am using the iBATIS migration tool to manage my DB SQLs. We have a
convention to create a synonym and grant read access to the application.

We do have a public stored procedure which does this for us. But i hate to
call it in all my scripts.

Suppose i have 5 sql script file, i will have to add that single line (fo
calling the SP) to all these files in order to ensure the synonyms are being
created.

I was wondering if there is a better way to tackle this repetitive stuff :-(

Is there some kind of post processing configuration that i can do? Or can
you please point me to the tool codebase. If there is a better way to do
this, i would like to try it out and if it is working, would submit it to
the group.

Thanks
Praveen

Re: Post script annotation

Posted by camelContext <pr...@citrix.com>.
Never mind, resolved the issue, i did not have the parent pom.

I would really love to know if the feature of post processing would be
really helpful?

I have actually added another property to the development.properties called
postProcessorFile, which states the file name to be executed after, applying
all the SQLs. This gets invoked in the UPCommand.java, after completing all
the change sql files.

IMHO, this is a pretty good feature, which might be used to tackle all those
db admin related things for the tables/views that we created using the tool.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks
Praveen

Re: Post script annotation