Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ed Park <ep...@athenahealth.com> on 2000/12/08 05:16:41 UTC

[OT] RE: Help needed with MAP expression

The point of this function is to right-align numbers in table-data cells and
keep everything else left-aligned. Note that this is what Excel does by
default (if you type in a number in Excel, it aligns to the right; if you
type in a string, it aligns to the left).

Technically, it should be use in the context of an arrayref that you are
transforming into an HTML table, e.g.:

use CGI qw(:all);
print join "", map(/^[\.\d]+$/ ? td({-align=>'right'}, $_) : td($_), @$_);

A useful and clever piece of code, that. But the author probably should have
commented it. :)

cheers,
Ed