Posted to users@maven.apache.org by cbates <de...@imwiz.com> on 2008/04/22 04:04:44 UTC

Executing maven-archetype-plugin:2.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT

Hello -

I'm trying to use the maven-archetype-plugin 2.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT located at
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository.  I cannot, however,
figure out how to invoke the plugin from this snapshot repository:

mvn -U -Papache
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT:generate

I have added the following profile to my settings.xml:

        <profile>
	        <id>apache</id>
		<repositories>
			<repository>
				<id>apache.org</id>
				<name>Maven Snapshots</name>
				<url>
					http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
				</url>
				<releases>
					<enabled>false</enabled>
				</releases>
				<snapshots>
					<enabled>true</enabled>
				</snapshots>
			</repository>
		</repositories>
		<pluginRepositories>
			<pluginRepository>
	 		        <id>apache.org</id>
				<name>Maven Plugin Snapshots</name>
					<url>
						http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
					</url>
					<releases>
						<enabled>false</enabled>
					</releases>
					<snapshots>
						<enabled>true</enabled>
					</snapshots>
				</pluginRepository>
			</pluginRepositories>
		</profile>

Maven only tries to go to central, never to people.apache.org.  I've tried
deleting org.apache.maven.plugins from my local .m2 repo as well.

Thanks

Re: Executing maven-archetype-plugin:2.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This seems related with the jira
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3540