Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Juergen Hermann <jh...@webde-ag.de> on 2000/05/29 16:21:16 UTC

Minor feature-request: XercesParserLiaison / CreateSAXParser & CreateDOMParser

Hi!

I want to set an entity resolver for Xalan-parsed documents. Currently, as I
see it, this can be done two ways:

a) parse the documents to DOM-Trees and pass those to Xalan,

b) COPY(!) all of XercesParserLiaison.cpp/hpp and change CreateDOM/SAXParser
so that they include a call of Parser::setEntityResolver().

What I would like to do is

c) overload the virtual CreateDOMParser/CreateSAXParser methods (which are
currently static inline functions), so I can add a call to
Parser::setEntityResolver() (and other possible calls).

That is, I'd like to be those create calls to be part of the class interface,
virtual and possibly protected. That way, any additional configuration of the
parser beyond validation is possible, w/o having to copy the whole module.

If I ever get to compile the current Xalan source on Linux, I'd be happy to
provide the modification myself.

Re: Minor feature-request: XercesParserLiaison / CreateSAXParser & CreateDOMParser

Posted by "Chris P. McCabe" <ch...@choicehotels.com>.
The ParserLiaison already has a setEntityResolver method, inherited from the
org.xml.sax.Parser interface.  I know it works correctly because we are using
it.

Chris

--
Chris P. McCabe  602-953-4416