Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com> on 2004/06/23 01:10:02 UTC

Tiles and Module Paths

I'm using one of the newest daily builds of struts, and I am employing
modules within my app.  Each struts config file declares tiles as a plugin
and its associated tiles-XXX.xml mapping.  What is strange to me is that
while the struts actions are all relative to its module name, the tiles defs
are still relative to the context of the app, even tho they are being
declared on a per module basis.  Here's how I'm declaring it.. if anyone has
insight please help.

Example of the declaration within my struts-admin.xml module:
 <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin">
  <set-property property="definitions-config"
value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs/tiles-defs-admin.xml"/>
  <set-property property="moduleAware" value="true"/>
  <set-property property="definitions-parser-validate" value="true"/>
 </plug-in>

and yet within the definition i still have to specify /admin..
 <definition name=".admin.user.userList" extends=".base">
  <put name="body" value="/admin/user/userList.jsp"/>
 </definition>

Any ideas?
thanks,
David Erickson

Re: Tools for JSP

Posted by hutuworm <hu...@gmail.com>.
WSAD or JBuilder

@Copyleft 200X www.hutuworm.org

Re: Tools for JSP

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
DGraham@EvergreenInvestments.com wrote:

> NitoX from M7 looks really nice.  I'm saving my allowance to buy it.
>
> http://www.m7.com/other_professional.jsp
>
> Dennis

I went by the Nitrox booth at JavaOne and saw the demo ... it is indeed
quite nice, and nicely integrated with Struts.

<shameless-plug author="Architect on the product team">
You might also want to take a look at Sun Java Studio Creator, now that
it's released.
</shameless-plug>

Craig McClanahan

Re: Tools for JSP

Posted by DG...@EvergreenInvestments.com.
NitoX from M7 looks really nice.  I'm saving my allowance to buy it.

http://www.m7.com/other_professional.jsp

Dennis

"leonnewsgroup" <le...@hotmail.com>
06/23/2004 10:52 PM