Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Sander van der Heyden <sa...@musoni.eu> on 2016/03/14 14:32:21 UTC

Speed of runaccruals endpoint

Hi guys,

We are experiencing some issues with the manual triggering of the
'runaccruals' endpoint. When the customers are running this, it can take up
to 15 hours to complete, with an outstanding loan book of 30.000 loans.

The main issue seems to be that because this goes through the
processAndLogCommand, all DB queries will only be committed once the
process has completed. In this case that means about 30.000 or so inserts
in m_loan_transaction, with a multitude of that in acc_gl_journal_entry
(and a similar number of updates to repayment_schedules). The difference in
the regular jobs is that these will commit one loan after the other,
speeding up the process significantly, and allowing it to complete in 2 or
3 hours (still not great, but a lot better).

 Has anyone else run into this issue as well, and if so already made code
improvements to avoid it?

Sander van der Heyden

CTO Musoni Services

Mobile (NL): +31 (0)6 14239505
Skype: s.vdheyden
Website: musonisystem.com
Follow us on Twitter!  <https://twitter.com/musonimfi>
Postal address: Hillegomstraat 12-14, office 0.09, 1058 LS, Amsterdam,
The Netherlands

Re: Speed of runaccruals endpoint

Posted by Sander van der Heyden <sa...@musoni.eu>.
Hi Nayan,

To be honest the only fix so far we've got is to not use the runaccruals
feature, but schedule the job (and if necessary use a temp war file that
overrides the rundate). We don't have a method in place in our codebase to
skip the processAndLogCommand approach which makes it transactional at this
stage. However even when running through the scheduler the job takes a few
hours, which also looks quite long.

Have you investigated this any further on your end?

Posted by Nayan Ambali <na...@gmail.com>.
Sander,