Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Galbreath, Mark" <Ga...@tessco.com> on 2002/08/30 14:25:38 UTC

RE: [FRIDAY] Official DTD Special Offer

But wait!  You also get this incredibly versatile carving fork!

Posted by Tiago Nodari <tn...@brturbo.com>.
         sometimes ppl just need to relax, and sending totaly useless
emails is fun sometimes, just ignore the message, do really read all the
messages, from all the mailing lists? just look at the subject if its
something you dont care about, dont read it...

         there is nothing immature about it... just plain old fun...

         pickup a beer and relax its friday!

At 04:11 PM 8/30/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Do you really think it's reasonable for me to reconfigure my mail
>program to filter messages every time someone decides to create a new
>off topic subject (OT, FRIDAY, BEER, etc.)?  Wouldn't it be much easier
>to limit emails to relevant topics?  I'm on several mailing lists and
>none of them contain blatant off topic totally useless emails like this
>one does.  Really it's totally immature and instead of justifying it by
>telling hundreds of people to reconfigure their mail client I think it
>should stop!

cya,

Tiago Nodari
Need a JSP Developer? I am looking for a job in the US...
www.nodari.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] making a new jakarta list.

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
We already went through this suggestion.  The short of it is:  Don't
expect it to happen.

Posted by Emmanuel Boudrant <b7...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi,

Re: RE : RE : [FRIDAY] Official DTD Special Offer

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
I ... hrm ... :-)

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
Who keeps adding those DA#N "RE:" to the subject?  ;)

Hey, I setup a new filter for the friday topics.

#1. If subject contains [BEER] or [Friday] (case insensitive):

  a.. change to BOLD RED FONT
  b.. forward to every other address I have (including my phone).
  c.. mark as High Importance!!!!!
  d.. save 2 copies in Friday folder
#2. If subject contains [BEER] or [Friday] (case insensitive) AND the body
contains whiny complaints about how many emails they have to read:

  a.. Add senders email to Block list
  b.. Delete message immediately

In case you are a stuffy old fart.....THAT WAS A JOKE!!!

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.

Posted by Mark Nichols <dh...@hotmail.com>.