Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Milan Petran <mp...@trask.cz> on 2003/04/08 13:29:40 UTC

JK2 + IIS5 not running

Hi,

I still cannot run Tomcat 4.1.24 with IIS5 and JK2 (isapi_redirect2.dll)
on W2000.

I configured registry, workers2.properties and server.xml in cooperation
with apache.org site and this mailing list but even if my application
starts, the requests returns "The page cannot be displayed" page. No
errors in Event log.

It seem that the redirector does not redirect the servlet requests
(isapi arrow is up - green)...

Can someone give me clue?

Thanx

Milan Petran

Re: JK2 + IIS5 not running

Posted by Konrad Rusz <ko...@ogumienie.pl>.
Hello Milan,

Tell me, please, have you added a virtual site naming 'jakarta' to your web
site which is using to redirect jsp files or servlets (in IIS, of course) to
Tomcat? Have you typed proper entries in 'workers2.properties' file, it
means, entries which representing when redirection from IIS to Tomcat is
executing, e.g.
[uri:/sights/*]
info=This example show us that all files under /sights/ are redirected to
Tomcat.

Check your 'web.xml' file under %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF. It
should contains such entries as these (for above example):
<web-app>
<!--
 It is needed in order to your application can work with context /sights/*
 -->
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/sights/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
<\web-app>

Check entries in registry once again:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\2.0]
"serverRoot"="Your_CATALINA_HOME"
"extensionUri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirector2.dll"
"workersFile"="Your_CATALINA_HOME\\conf\\workers2.properties"
"authComplete"="0"
"threadPool"="20"

Of course, localisation of your 'workers2.properties' file may be different.
Try to do it.

Regards,
Konrad Rusz