Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/12 16:50:49 UTC

[MATH] Does website really need Javadoc for versions prior to 2.2?

In addition to Javadoc for 3.0 and 2.2, the website still offers the following:

Javadoc (2.1 release)
Javadoc (2.0 release)
Javadoc (1.2 release)
Javadoc (1.1 release)
Javadoc (1.0 release)

This seems rather unnecessary. Surely we should only offer Javadoc for
current releases?

Re: [MATH] Does website really need Javadoc for versions prior to 2.2?

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Gilles Sadowski <
gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 08:22:27PM +0100, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
> > Le 12/03/2012 16:50, sebb a écrit :
> > > In addition to Javadoc for 3.0 and 2.2, the website still offers the
> following:

I have found another thing that is missing. The changes report is not there
anymore, or at least has not been generated for the 3.0 release.
If you access the URL directly at
http://commons.apache.org/math/changes-report.html, you can still access
the old one (3.0-SNAPSHOT).

Thomas

Re: [MATH] Does website really need Javadoc for versions prior to 2.2?

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 08:22:27PM +0100, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
> Le 12/03/2012 16:50, sebb a écrit :
> > In addition to Javadoc for 3.0 and 2.2, the website still offers the following:
> >
> > Javadoc (2.1 release)
> > Javadoc (2.0 release)
> > Javadoc (1.2 release)
> > Javadoc (1.1 release)
> > Javadoc (1.0 release)
> >
> > This seems rather unnecessary. Surely we should only offer Javadoc for
> > current releases?
>
> I agree. These versions are really old now and we don't get any requests
> from user about them.

+0
Maybe some users would like to have a quick way to discover how the API has
changed.
For the time being, maybe keep 2.1 (see recent post from a team that did
not upgrade to 2.2).

Gilles

Re: [MATH] Does website really need Javadoc for versions prior to 2.2?

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 12/03/2012 16:50, sebb a écrit :
> In addition to Javadoc for 3.0 and 2.2, the website still offers the following:
>
> Javadoc (2.1 release)
> Javadoc (2.0 release)
> Javadoc (1.2 release)
> Javadoc (1.1 release)
> Javadoc (1.0 release)
>
> This seems rather unnecessary. Surely we should only offer Javadoc for
> current releases?

I agree. These versions are really old now and we don't get any requests
from user about them.

Luc