Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Will Peterson <wp...@novell.com> on 2006/03/17 20:12:47 UTC

Suppress RTF ExternalGraphicException

Is there a way to suppress the ExternalGraphicException text that renders inside an RTF document?  Such that the document would be rendered but exclude the text:
"org.apache.fop.render.rtf.rtflib.rtfdoc.RtfExternalGraphic$ExternalGraphicException: The tag <fo:external-graph
Will Peterson
Software Engineer, SIM
801.861.5238

ic> does not support gif - image type." (as well as the GIF image, of course)

I don't mind the image missing as much as the big error repeated throughout the document.

Thanks for any help offered,

- Will

Re: Suppress RTF ExternalGraphicException

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Mar 17, 2006, at 20:12, Will Peterson wrote:

Hi Will,

> Is there a way to suppress the ExternalGraphicException text that
> renders inside an RTF document?  Such that the document would be
> rendered but exclude the text:
> "org.apache.fop.render.rtf.rtflib.rtfdoc.RtfExternalGraphic
> $ExternalGraphicException: The tag <fo:external-graphic> does not
> support gif - image type." (as well as the GIF image, of course)

I'm afraid it's hard-coded, but if you don't mind altering the class
itself, and then rebuild FOP, easy.
Just change the class in question's writeRtfContent() method, and
make that catch block a NOP. Should work nicely.

Cheers,

Andreas