Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Junaid Ali <al...@iit.edu> on 2017/05/26 15:25:43 UTC

VCL Image Creation Error

Hello,
I'm trying to use the vcl development code (svn revision # 1796184) running
on Oracle Linux VM (version Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.3
(Maipo)) and having issues doing a centos 7 image capture. The VMHost is
using vcenter version 6.0.0. The happens right after the VM shuts down and
VMWare capture routine tries to "Tag the .vmx with the OS product name and
architecture". The stack trace is available at https://pastebin.com/GnAt0wXv

I have also tried updating the lib/VCL/Module/Provisioning/VMware/VMware.pm
file by adding
use VCL::Module::OS;
but that still did not resolve the issue.

# perl --version
This is perl 5, version 16, subversion 3 (v5.16.3) built for
x86_64-linux-thread-multi

Any ideas what I'm missing here?
Please let me know if you need any other information/clarification.

Thanks.

Junaid Ali
Systems & Virtualization Engineer,
Office of Technology Services/IIT,
10W, 35st Street, Room # 7F7-1,
Chicago, IL - 60616

Re: VCL Image Creation Error

Posted by Junaid Ali <al...@iit.edu>.
Hello,
I'm still getting the same error using the VCL trunk code when doing an
image capture.

---
Undefined subroutine
        &VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK::append_text_file
called at
/usr/local/vcl/bin/../lib/VCL/Module/Provisioning/VMware/VMware.pm line 954
(#1)
    (F) The subroutine indicated hasn't been defined, or if it was, it has
   since been undefined.

Uncaught exception from user code:
       Undefined subroutine
&VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK::append_text_file called at
/usr/local/vcl/bin/../lib/VCL/Module/Provisioning/VMware/VMware.pm line 954.
----

Any ideas?

Thanks
Junaid Ali